Weddings are a time of celebration and good vibes. The beauty of planning your wedding is that you can decide what elements to incorporate based on your personal preferences and style!
However, when is the best season to have a wedding? Is it in the summer, spring, or fall? Should it be indoor or outdoor? A day or night affair? Furthermore, are there any benefits of picking one season over another, or does it all boil down to one’s taste? There are so many choices to make during the wedding planning process, which can be overwhelming and threaten to steal your joy.
For this reason, consider engaging an event services company such as Curated Events to help you execute your vision. We are ready to provide practical solutions and high-quality event rental equipment to make your wedding memorable. With our keen eye for aesthetics, you can trust us to do the job well.
This article will explore the pros and cons of having a summer wedding.
Pros Of A Summer Wedding
Summertime is a popular wedding season. Below is a list of reasons why:
Who doesn’t love clear blue skies? Summer is known for its warm and sunny weather, making it an ideal season for an outdoor wedding. Not only does this type of weather look good, but it feels great too! Select a location next to a water body, such as an ocean or lake; this provides a cool breeze to complement your special day.
Disclaimer: While summer is generally a dry season, unexpected rain showers can still occur and ruin outdoor wedding plans. Consult the weather forecast as you plan your summer wedding and make appropriate adjustments, such as booking a tent for your event through Curated Events.
A Floral Affair
“A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and a man cannot live without love.” – Max Muller. The way we see it, flowers and weddings go hand in hand. Since summer is the peak season for flowers, you can choose from various blooms for your wedding decor. Whether you prefer an indoor or outdoor setup, flowers add pomp and color to the occasion.
Flowers are functional for many different things. For example, they can feature in the bridal parties’ bouquets, the arc for the vows ceremony, and as centerpieces at the reception.
If you hold your wedding ceremony later in the day, you can enjoy the view of a magnificent sunset in the evening. In addition, nothing says romance like warm lighting, a light breeze, and fresh air in the surrounding.
With the warm weather and longer days, you can dance under the stars at your summer wedding reception. Using lanterns will also add a romantic touch to the celebration.
Spoilt For Choice
Since summer is the most popular wedding season, there are more options for vendors and venues, making it easier to plan your dream wedding. Considering that you will have a vast selection, it gives you wiggle room to personalize your event as much as you desire.
At Curated Events, we have an extensive array of tents of all sizes and styles, thousands of linens ranging from whimsical to glamorous, over 50 lines of china in classic and artistic styles, and so much more!
In the summer, you can wear lighter, more breathable fabrics for your wedding attire, which can be more comfortable for you and your guests. You can also incorporate bright colors, brightening the atmosphere and lifting the overall mood.
Psychologists claim that bright colors positively affect individuals in various ways, including a boost of confidence, improved mood, expressiveness, and vibrance. Who wouldn’t want to bring this energy to their wedding? It’s a beautiful perk of hosting your event in the summer!
Additionally, you can request your guests to dress up in particular colors. It would be fun to see all your friends and family blending with the wedding theme of the day. The color-coded dressing would also make for great photographs and videos!
Summer weddings are great for families, as children are out of school and can attend the wedding without missing classes. If you have kids, then you understand how critical following schedules and sticking to routines can be. However, during the summer, everyone is flexible, making it a conducive time to create fond memories with friends and family.
Furthermore, this time of the year is associated with fun, relaxation, and love – ingredients that make memories of the best kind. And what makes it even better is that you can comfortably plan to have a destination wedding, which typically doubles up as a vacation plan. Talk about a win-win!
“A wedding without a honeymoon is like a birthday without a cake.” – Virginia Andrews. After your summer wedding, you can make the most of the warm weather and plan a tropical honeymoon.
A few popular honeymoon destinations include:
- Hawaii – The islands of Hawaii offer a perfect blend of adventure, relaxation, and romance. Enjoy beautiful beaches, hiking, water sports, and exquisite tropical landscapes.
- Santorini, Greece – This stunning island in the Aegean Sea offers breathtaking views, attractive beaches, and charming white-washed villages perched on the cliffs.
- Bali, Indonesia – Known as the Island of the gods, Bali offers a unique mix of culture, spirituality, and natural beauty. Explore ancient temples, beautiful rice paddies, and white sandy beaches.
- Maldives – This island nation in the Indian Ocean offers crystal-clear waters, pristine beaches, and world-class diving and snorkeling.
- Amalfi Coast, Italy – This picturesque coastline in southern Italy is well-known for its colorful villages, stunning views, and delicious Mediterranean cuisine.
- Bora Bora, French Polynesia – This remarkable island in the South Pacific offers white sandy beaches, turquoise lagoons, and overwater bungalows that make for a truly romantic and unforgettable honeymoon.
Although the world offers myriads of romantic getaways, budget constraints may hinder you from having an international honeymoon. No need to worry, though, because there are plenty of local options in the summer!
Cons Of A Summer Wedding
Despite the summer being a preferred time to have weddings, there are some cons to the season, namely:
Summer weddings can be unbearably hot if held outdoors, causing the following disadvantages:
- Discomfort – High temperatures can make guests feel uncomfortable and sweaty, leading to irritation and reduced enjoyment of the event. Additionally, the heat can be uncomfortable for the wedding party, who will likely wear formal attire.
- Dehydration – Hot weather can cause guests to become dehydrated more quickly, causing health issues such as headaches, dizziness, and fatigue. Ensure you provide plenty of water and other beverages to keep guests hydrated throughout the day.
- Sunburn – Being out in the sun for extended periods can increase the risk of sunburn, which can be painful and unsightly. Encouraging guests to wear sunscreen and providing shade options can help minimize this risk.
- Insects – Hot weather can also bring out insects, such as mosquitoes, which may bother the guests. Providing insect repellent and taking other measures to control pests can help mitigate this issue.
The hot summer weather, although a blessing, can be a real pain if you overlook proper planning. Curated Events should be your first choice if you need support to execute the best arrangements.
Because summer is peak wedding season, vendors may charge more for their services. It is advisable to contact vendors in advance and secure your bookings to avoid last-minute services that tend to be overpriced.
Summer is also a popular time for travel, which can make it more expensive for guests to attend a wedding. As a result, sending out invitations well in advance will influence good attendance. It would be disheartening to plan an elaborate event that people can’t attend due to late communication, wouldn’t it?
Proper planning is the number one secret to a successful event.
Summer weddings can accrue additional costs due to the peak wedding season and increased demand for wedding services. Here are some extra costs to consider for summer weddings:
- Venue – Summer is the most popular wedding season, and locations tend to be more expensive. You may need to book your venue well in advance to secure a date and negotiate prices.
- Catering – Catering costs can be higher during the summer because of the increased demand for fresh produce and seasonal ingredients. Buffet-style menus and BBQs are popular options for summer weddings, but they can still be costly.
- Flowers – Flowers are in full bloom during the summer, but this also means they can be more expensive. You may need to pay more for floral arrangements and bouquets, especially when using rare or out-of-season flowers.
- Transportation – Summer is also a busy travel season, which can drive up transportation costs. You may need to pay more if you’re renting a limo or hiring a transportation service for your wedding during the summer.
- Decorations – If you’re hosting an outdoor wedding, you may need additional decorations such as tents, lighting, and fans or air conditioning to keep your guests comfortable in the heat. All these extra amenities come at an added cost.
Overall, it’s critical to budget carefully for any extra costs associated with a summer wedding.
In addition to high temperatures, summer weddings can be quite humid, causing the following issues:
- Frizzy hair – Humidity can cause hair to become frizzy and unmanageable, which can be a problem for the wedding party and guests. This can be particularly frustrating for those who have spent time and money on hair styling.
- Melted makeup – High humidity levels can cause makeup to melt and smear, which is frustrating for the wedding party and guests. This can be particularly problematic for the bride, who may have spent their time and money on professional makeup.
- Damaged decorations – High humidity levels can also damage the decor and flowers. Flowers may wilt faster in humid conditions, and paper decorations may become limp and unusable.
The summer can be a fantastic time to have your wedding. However, it doesn’t come without a unique set of challenges. The question is, what are you willing to compromise on your big day? The answer will help you determine whether to have a summer wedding.
Many brides get excited about the prospect of having a beautiful outdoor ceremony; only a few remember to consider the other factors that may cause this to be an unfavorable choice. Are you looking to work with a trusted partner to execute the perfect wedding for you and your partner? Look no further! Curated Events is the place for you.
Our mission is to inspire, elevate and enhance the human need to gather. Contact us today, and we’ll make all your wedding dreams come true!