Planning for your wedding day can be exciting and overwhelming in equal measure! “Although it is exhilarating to start building your new life with the person you love most, putting together a proper celebration to grace the occasion can be daunting.”
There are hundreds, if not thousands, of things to consider when planning your wedding reception. From the centerpieces to the shapes of the tables and the seating arrangements, it’s no wonder many brides opt to hire a professional planner to get the job done!
Are you looking to host a beautiful event that will leave a lasting impression with minimal effort? Then Curated Events is the partner you never knew you needed. We are your best choice for events, luxury, and class.
This article will explore the top considerations while setting up tables for your wedding, the three main event designs, table layout options, and centerpiece ideas for your wedding reception.
Top Considerations While Setting Up Tables For Your Wedding
“Fitting in allows you to blend in with everyone else, but being different allows you to be yourself, to be unique, and to be more creative.” – Sonya Parker.
When planning your wedding, you must remain true to who you are. After all, it is YOUR day! While it is okay to borrow ideas from others, remember to consider your preferences above the current trends.
Below is a list of seven crucial elements to consider as you begin to plan your table settings for your wedding reception:
Your wedding theme will dictate the overall look and feel of your table settings. For example, if you’re going for a classic elegant wedding, you will likely lean towards pastel color palettes and fine china. At Curated Events, we offer over 20 lines of china in classic and artistic styles for rent.
“The size of your budget will influence your choices for the details on the table settings.” Therefore, you must determine how much you are willing to spend on the rental elements before choosing styles and designs. Additionally, the venue you pick to host your wedding may provide some table-setting essentials you may need, whereas in other cases, you may have to hire additional items.
The composition of your guestlist is critical in determining the seating arrangement. For instance, a long table setup would be appropriate if your guestlist is intimate. However, round tables usually work best if you host a larger crowd.
Napery refers to table linen/tablecloths, runners, and napkins. You must consider the colors, textures, and patterns as you choose the appropriate fit for your wedding theme and style. “Curated Events is a fantastic option for renting linens as our collection comprises thousands of choices, from whimsical to glamorous.”
Your table set-up may include stationery such as food and drinks menus, wedding programs, and table numbers. Ensure that the design work on these printed items matches your desired theme and aesthetic. Your tables risk looking cluttered and haphazard if these elements clash.
Typically, the centerpieces are the “star of the show” regarding the table setting. As a result, you will want to pay keen attention to the details of your centerpieces. Additionally, as with most design elements on your table, your theme will be a vital consideration.
Tables and Chairs
Comfort is crucial when choosing the tables and chairs your guests will occupy. However, aesthetics are just as critical because it wouldn’t make sense for the chairs to be comfortable but not in sync with the theme. Therefore, if you want to rent tables and chairs of distinctive designs, Curated Events has got you covered!
You can add any items you feel will help execute your theme. Whether you want to add party favors or decor items, the choice is up to you! For example, you can provide drinking water for the guests in fancy bottles with an inscribed thank-you message.
Three Main Event Designs By Curated Events
“Although a garden-style wedding is a beautiful choice, it is only appropriate when the weather is conducive, during the early summer and fall months.”
Also referred to as a traditional wedding, this style typically consists of formal attire and three-course meals. In addition, the color palettes, stationery, and linens that complement this theme are usually timeless and elegant.
This style of wedding is more flexible and contemporary than the traditional style. Trendy florals, monochromatic color palettes, and sleek decor denote this table-setting option. Additionally, there are fewer religious restrictions while conducting the ceremony in modern-style weddings.
Table Layout Options For Your Wedding Reception
It is critical to ensure that you make the appropriate seating arrangements for your wedding guests. A few relevant questions to ask yourself during the planning process are – Who are the attendees? How many guests are we expecting? What is the demographic of the attendees?
There are numerous options when it comes to layout. Here’s a look at the top ones:
- Round tables – It is common to have circular or round tables at a wedding reception due to their versatility. These tables range in size, depending on the number of people you are looking to accommodate on each one. The options include 36 inches, 48 inches, 60 inches, and 72 inches, with a capacity for 2-4, 4-6, 8, and 10 individuals, respectively.
- Rectangular tables – These vary in length, from long ones that facilitate large groups of up to 10 individuals to smaller, more intimate ones. This option is ideal for self-service food set-ups as it can get cumbersome for servers to wait on larger tables.
- Square tables – This is less conventional than round and rectangular tables. Square tables are available in various sizes ranging from 3×3 inches and 4×4 inches to 5×5 inches. Additionally, only a few events companies offer this option. “However, because of the ample space, square tables are a fantastic choice for large centerpiece designs, but more difficult to seat many people.”
- Banquet tables – This style is formed when you put together multiple rectangular tables to create a long straight table for the guests. You can opt for this style if you desire an intimate gathering with a small number of guests.
- Mix and match tables – The best thing about your wedding day being yours is the freedom to decide how you want everything to look. You are not limited to only one style; you can mix and match table shapes to bring out your style and meet the needs of your event.
Unique Centerpiece Ideas For Your Wedding
Out of all the decor items on your wedding day, the centerpieces are sure to make the loudest statements. The reasoning is that the centerpieces are at the heart of the tables where your guests will be sitting.
Below is a list of unique centerpiece ideas that will leave your wedding etched in the attendees’ minds:
- Tall floral centerpieces – Sometimes, less is more, and other times, more is just what you need! With round tables, a selection of tall flower vases with long greenery will give the illusion of outdoor ambiance in an indoor set-up.
- Trailing Bud vases – sometimes this requires fewer flowers but still makes a huge impact!
- Candles – Using candles on elaborate candleholders as your centerpieces will give your wedding a traditional yet elegant feel.
- Floral garland – Instead of using linen table runners, you can create a floral posy that runs across the center of your tables. However, this will appeal better with rectangular tables rather than round ones.
- Dessert centerpieces – You can top your tables with fruit or cake centerpieces that serve as both functional and decorative pieces.
Every bride and groom desires a wedding day that will showcase their uniqueness while still keeping it trendy and appealing to her guests. However, it can get overwhelming when choosing a theme, centerpieces, and table settings that all tie in together.
If you are planning for your big day and need help in the execution of ideas, Curated Events is here for you. With a keen eye for detail, our team of passionate and experienced planners is ready to be at your service.
Additionally, if you have already come up with your preferred decor ideas but need to hire equipment to execute your plan, Curated Events is your answer! We specialize in providing a wide variety of high-quality event rental equipment – everything from the place setting on the table to the dance floor and tent.
Reach out to us today, and we’ll make your dream wedding day a reality!